Pierre Grammont in the Epic Story of the Lion
Full Weekend Programme
Beautiful Guernsey welcomes you to an international weekend celebrating Victor Hugo: ‘Victor Hugo and Childhood’
- Friday 26 June: Island tours accompanied by an accredited Victor Hugo guide (supplement: £25)
- Friday 26 June:St Peter Port walking tours accompanied by an accredited Victor Hugo guide (supplement: £10)
Our weekend package includes all of the following events:
- Friday 26 June, 6.45 – 7.45 pm/18.45 – 19.45h, Celebration Supper. 2-course supper with glass of wine, at Dix-Neuf, Commercial Arcade, St Peter Port. Please contact email@example.com if you have any special dietary requirements. Advance booking is essential.
- Friday 26 June, 8 – 9.30 pm/20-21.30h: Concert, Songs of Adèle Hugo. Town Church
- Saturday 27 June, 9 am – 4.30 pm/9 – 16.30h: Seminar ‘Victor Hugo and childhood’. Les Cotils Centre
- Saturday 27 June, 6 – 7.30 pm/18 – 19.30h: Conference Dinner. Les Cotils, Swithen Restaurant. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Saturday 27 June, 8 pm/20h: Victor Hugo’s Epic Tale of the Lion. Stage performance in English starring Pierre Grammont at Beau Sejour Theatre, with an introduction by translator Timothy Ades
- Sunday 28 June, 12 noon/12h: Unveiling of Victor Hugo ‘Man on a bench‘. Town Church. Free
- Sunday 28 June. Visits to Hauteville House. 9 am/9h and 2.40 pm/14.40h in French; 9.40 am/9.40h and 3.00 pm/15h in English. Entry is by guided tour only and lasts for one hour. Places can be reserved through the Society: payment is made upon arrival at Hauteville House. Supplement of £10.
Victor Hugo amuses a child at the dinner table